Youth Group Game on Friendship
Overview: Find as many words inside the word “friendship” as they can in groups of no more than 5 people.
- 1 sheet of paper for each group
- 1 pen or pencil per group
Preparation: Make sure to have an adult leader or a strong student leader who can keep everyone involved in each group. Google how many words in friendship, so you have a good idea.
Time involved: 10 to 15 minutes
Game Description: Have the larger group of students break up into smaller groups of no more than 5 students. Have them find as many words from the word “friendship” as they can in the alotted time frame. Words should contain 2 or more letters. The group with the most words wins a prize that the group can share (i.e. a bag of candy, gum, chips) and enjoy during discussion time.
Bible Verse Emphasis: Acts 2: 42 (NLT)
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.
Goal: To give the students a good example of how easy it is to incorporate Acts 2:42 in their everyday lives.
Discussion Questions (In Small Groups):
- Go around, say your name, what school you go to, and your favorite candy.
- How hard is it for you to meet new friend? why or why isn’t it hard for you?
- Read Acts 2: 42…What does Acts 2: 42 look like with you and your friends?
- What does fellowship mean to you? How would you consider the game we just played to be fellowship?
- Go around and say one thing you need prayer for (could be something big or small here), then ask that someone prays for these things.
Looking for youth ministry curriculum? Check out the…
THE EASTER STORY – A 4-week Easter series for youth ministry. Students will discover the prophecies of Jesus’ suffering, death, resurrection, and what it means to them today.
If you liked this game, you will also like this Youth Group Lesson on Friendship